The Bridge of Rosaries - Cap de la Madeleine, P.Q.
Playing Time: 21 Minutes
To start the video, just click on the picture below.
Depiction of Pierre Lacroix, with Father Luc Desilets and Father Frederic during the apparition
Anyone who has experienced the cold of a Quebec winter, where the wind whipping up the St. Lawrence Valley will chill the bones of even the hardiest of souls and it is a given that the mighty St. Lawrence will freeze over, can be forgiven for thinking a mild winter in this part of Canada is a myth.
But for the people of Trois-Rivieres, the winter of 1879 was one of those years. Mild weather caused parishioners of Sainte-Marie-Madeleine much consternation as it meant the stone and building materials needed to construct a new church, the parish’s third since it was founded in 1678, could not be hauled as planned across the frozen river. A new church was needed as the parish numbers were on the rise, much of the credit going to pastor Fr. Luc Desilets and his devotion to the rosary.